The last thing you want when the temperature plummets is for your furnace to go on the fritz. Sure, wrapping yourself in heavy layers and blankets can be cozy, but it’s not an ideal way to live during the winter. When your furnace isn’t working up to snuff, most times all it needs is a tune up or minor repair to get you back in the heat again.
Do you think you need a new furnace installation? Our furnace installation service can help get you the right model for your home!
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
Your furnace is designed to last a long time, and with proper maintenance, it should provide you years of reliable service. However, like any machine, they break down. Here are a few signs your furnace is about to give out and that you need to call a furnace maintenance company for help.
- Too Much Dust - If you see an inordinate amount of dust coming out of your vents, it’s a sign your furnace isn’t keeping the air clean. You may need a filter change or you may need a furnace repair service to come in for a check up.
- The Age - Most furnaces last about 15 years, but if yours is older than that, it’s working on borrowed time and is prone to breaking down more.
- Cold Air - When your furnace blows cold air instead of hot, it could signify a variety of problems that furnace contractors are qualified to fix.
- Odd Sounds - Your furnaces should run quietly, so if you hear banging, grinding or squealing sounds, it’s a signal that something is wrong and you need a repair right away.
How to Maintain Your Furnace For Long Life
As we said above, your furnace should last up to 15 years, however, with routine maintenance, you can extend its lifespan and ensure it operates efficiently year in and year out. The following are a few tips on how to keep your furnace fit.
- Keep Filters Clean
- Keep Blower Motor Running Smoothly
- Insulate To Reduce Heating Load
- Keep Vents & Registers Unblocked
- Keep Your Ductwork Clean & Unobstructed
If you’re not sure how to maintain your furnace, it’s a great idea to call a furnace repair service and schedule regular maintenance at least twice a year to keep your furnace operating for the duration of its life.
Are you a company in need of commercial HVAC repair or installation? Our commercial HVAC services can help you with nearly any job.
Why Call Us?
At The Plumbing Air & Service Co. we know there are many furnace contractors you can call in the Greensboro area. However, when you call us, you get a company that is licensed, bonded and insured and offers same day service to get you up and running as quickly as possible. Our flat-rate pricing means you won’t get stuck with any ‘surprises’ on your bill either.